We are pleased to announce the eleventh annual DORKFest, an extravaganza of music and frivolity near Allentown, PA. For the uninitiated, DORKFest is a weekend of plugged-in, high voltage classic rock at a great hotel bar featuring DORKF, the UMGF’s own band, and friends. Thanks once again to Maury's hotel-manager sister Sammy, we are able to announce the details:
DORKF consists of Frank Krupit (lead guitar), Marshall Fleisher (6 & 12 string rhythm guitar), Maury Rutch (lead & rhythm guitar, bass), Rhys Ord (drums), Paul Ukena (keyboards, guitar), and Rick McLay (bass). Additionally, the band will be ably assisted by a select, world-class group of talented UMGF’ers. Come and hear some great music with your UMGF friends. Every one of the past ten years has been a total blast for all. All are welcome to attend, and all musical events are entirely free of charge.
Our pal Millard helping us on the Beatles classic "Taxman" - DORKFest 2017
• DORKFest will take place on Friday and Saturday, November 9-10. Friday night’s warmup will feature informal performances by DORKF and our talented guest artists, with the music getting under way at approximately 7:00 PM. Saturday night’s main event will consist of DORKF’s stage show and will run approximately 7:00 PM to midnight. DORKF will play three complete sets, and there will be brief between-set performances featuring our guest artists.
• Sam Adams Brewhouse at the Holiday Inn, Lehigh Valley, 7736 Adrienne Drive, Breinigsville, PA (Allentown area, easy to reach off Routes 78 and 100). Some advertising will show it as being in Fogelsville; same place.
Special Room Rate:
• $90 plus tax (about half the usual rate). To get that rate, call the hotel directly at 610-391-1000 and mention “DORKFest” If you prefer, you may book directly online at this link. Be sure to enter the Group Name “DRF” in order to get our rate. Holiday Inn Booking Link
• Most of us will order dinner off the bar menu at Happy Hour (certainly appreciated by our host hotel and bar).
• The discounted room rate is available for both Friday and Saturday evenings, so plan to make a weekend of it. There will be the usual acoustic impromptu hotel jams and the possibility of outdoor jams, weather permitting. We will also once again have a separate hospitality room available 24 hours a day for jamming, rehearsing, relaxing, and general goofing off.
• The band will have a closed rehearsal for a brief time on Saturday afternoon with a firm cut-off of 3:00 PM. Guest performers will be contacted to swing by as needed to do run-throughs.
• After the break-down on Saturday night, join us for an after-show nightcap in the hospitality room before retiring. It’s always one of the best parts of the weekend!