Mesa/Boogie JP-2C Head - Limited Edition John Petrucci Signature Model
Sorry, this amplifier is no longer available.
To view current Reverend guitars, please use this link. Mesa/Boogie Amplifiers
Mesa Boogie JP2C Head - John Petrucci Limited Edition
If you play electric guitar, chances are you've heard of John Petrucci and Dream Theater. Over the years he has enjoyed many Mesa Boogie amps including the Mark IIC+, Dual Rectifier, TriAxis, Mark IV and Mark V to name a few. In celebration of John's relentless pursuit of excellence, Mesa has introduced the JP-2C Limited Edition. An upscale rendering of the Signature Model bearing his name. It's the Head that everyone's talking about dressed in a Custom Anodized Gun-Metal Grey Panel Bezel and Oxblood-Stained Private Reserve Flame Maple Grille-Board with inlaid Mother of Pearl Logo and Signature Badge. Each one also wears an etched, numbered Authentication Badge bearing Randall Smith and John Petrucci's signatures. This signature model is limited to 325 in the world! Our is #114.
All Things Heavy!
But more specifically; the highest headroom Clean sound possible, a Crunch rhythm that has Lead Channel gain available, but is tight, grinding and articulate, and the ultimate Boogie Lead Channel with access to even more saturation and thh ability to track any technique and speed while also reaching to the stratosphere for single note solos.
In that spirit, unlike other Mesa amplifiers, the JP-2C foregoes the concept of multiple voicing Modes derived from other Mesa circuits and instead dedicates each of the three Channels exclusively to circuit voicing's of the Mark IIC+, including the new SHRED Mode, which further enhances the top end harmonic layering of the original IIC+ Lead Circuit.
See our "JP-2C Features tab" for more information.
The new John Petrucci inspired JP-2C takes our legendary MARK IIC+ platform to a whole new realm. Contact Maury's Music to learn more about it today!
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World's Finest Materials
- Private Reserve Flame Maple Front Panel
- Custom Oxblood Stained Front Panel
- Mother of Pearl "BOOGIE" inlay
- Mother of Pearl "John Petrucci Signature" Inlay
- Custom Gun Metal Gray Anodized Amp Bezel
- Limited Edition Certification Plate
- Personally autographed by John Petrucci & Randall Smith
- All-Tube Amplifier: (4) 6L6 Power Tubes/ (5) 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Class A/B Power Amp delivers exceptional power, punch & clarity
- 10/60 Watt Selectable Global Power Switch
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 5 Modes:
- Channel 1 Features: Mark IIC+ Clean - Independent Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost (patent applied for; doubles as a standard Midrange Tone Control from 1 to 5 AND a Variable Gain Boost Control from 5 to 10, providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering), Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ1 or EQ2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Channel 2 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/ Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/ Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ1 or EQ2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Channel 3 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+ Lead or Shred Modes - Independent Gain w/ Pull Gain Boost, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence w/ Pull Frequency Shift, Reverb (rear panel), Assignment Switch for Dual 5-Band Graphic EQs (EQ1 or EQ2 - On, Off or Footswitchable) & Master Controls
- Two 5-Band Graphic EQs, each are Footswitchable or Channel Assignable
- Footswitchable All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Revereb with Independent Channel Control (rear panel)
- Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop (MIDI Switchable)
- Built-In CabClone™ Cabinet Simulator Output Featuring: Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices Internal Amp Load & Headphone Output Speaker On/Off & Ground Lift Switches Selectable +4 or -10 Output Level Switch
- Slave Output
- MIDI Switchable/Programmable via Control Change and Program Change messages (MIDI IN, MIDI Thru/Out, MIDI Channel & Store Switches) - Controls Channels 1, 2, 3, EQ 1, EQ 2, Shred, Reverb & FX Loop
- All Aluminum Chassis
- New 3x3, JP-2C Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3 - Top Row: Reverb, EQ 1 & EQ 2)
- Slip Cover
- Head: Dimensions: 9/14" H x 18 3/4" W x 10 7/8" D
- Weight: 40 lbs